Our pediatric therapy team provides comprehensive, multidisciplinary care, focused on collaboration, to ensure a family and client-centered approach to help children reach their potential.
Pediatric occupational therapy implements therapeutic use of everyday activities, or occupations, to help a child participate in the things they want and need to do. Our occupational therapists aim to support children and their families to promote participation in their occupations including but not limited to: playing, sleeping, eating, learning, dressing, and any other daily tasks required of a child.
Our occupational therapists have additional experience in upper extremity orthotic fabrication, feeding intervention, and neurodevelopmental treatment.
Signs your child may benefit from occupational therapy:
- Difficulty performing self-care tasks, such as bathing, dressing, and toileting
- Messy handwriting or difficulty typing
- Limited engagement or difficulty engaging in purposeful play
- Difficulty understanding social cues or maintaining appropriate space with peers
- Severe reactions to everyday situations, such as grocery stores, loud noises, haircuts, etc.
- Trouble with feeding, or is a very picky eater