Movement Based Biomechanics
The Human Body is
Meant to MOVE.
Interested in continuing education based on MOVEMENT? Sign up today and become an expert in treating foot and ankle dysfunction. April 23rd & 24th, 2022 in Bozeman, Montana.
Mark is an experienced physiotherapist and has lectured around the world on functional biomechanics.
John David Jordan
About The Course
Foot & Ankle Applied is the first course in the series of the Movement Based Biomechanics Certification.
The methods taught in this course challenge traditional PT methods for treating the foot and ankle. You should expect to leave the course with a new set of assessments and exercises for foot and ankle dysfunction, especially when it comes to treating common problems like Achilles Tendinopathy.
This course dives deep into biomechanics of pronation and supination and explores how dysfunction of the latter may either create or be a result of problems up the kinetic chain. You should expect a heavy “lab” component ideal for hands-on learning and practice with the movement diagnosis system.
Saturday 8-6 & Sunday 8-4
Expect online prep work in the form of short videos that roll out 4 weeks prior to the in-person course. Videos are short, engaging, and necessary for you as the learner to succeed in person.
- You must know normal biomechanics before you can master treatment of movement dysfunction. We pre-load simple and complex movement-based biomechanics concepts prior to in-person learning.
- Content will roll out in video format 4 weeks prior to the in-person course in the version of short 5-15 minute videos covering important topics integral to the in-person course.
- We want to apply concepts, not waste precious time sitting in a chair “learning” in our in-person courses. This way we can spend more time moving, assessing, practicing skills.
Download: Course Agenda
We have compiled the best of evidence-based research, Applied Functional Science® (designed by the Gray Institute), and knowledge of movement and melded them into our efficient Movement Diagnosis System.
The Movement Diagnosis system will help you get to the root of the issue quicker. Expect to master clinical biomechanics and learn manual therapy techniques in functional positions. After these courses you should feel confident to create your own movement diagnoses for INDIVIDUALS with SPECIFIC problems.
• Take your clinical reasoning to the next level with the Lone Peak Movement Diagnosis System
• Develop a deep understanding of functional biomechanics and how to treat 3D problems with 3D solutions
• Learn to look beyond a simple tissue diagnosis by treating movement dysfunction.
Each live course is hosted in Bozeman, Montana at the Lone Peak Performance Gym.
We get it. Location Matters. Arrive early and enjoy what Bozeman has to offer: Mountain Biking, Trail Running, Cross country skiing, and Downhill skiing just outside our door.
Ask us for trail or dinner recommendations!
Lone Peak Performance is the premier physical therapy and performance clinic in Bozeman, Montana. Here you will find one of the few turf spaces in Montana, cutting-edge equipment like the 1080 Quantum and 1080 Sprint, and a welcoming environment for learning.
Interested in getting your Certification in Movement Based Biomechanics?
Attend all 5 courses in the series and complete the Final Movement Project using the Lone Peak Movement Diagnosis System. Movement projects are evaluated by MBB Faculty. You must complete the series within 3 years of your initial start date.
The 5 Base Courses for MBB Certification
1. Foot & Ankle Applied
2. Knee & Hip Applied
3. Spine Applied
4. Upper Extremity Applied
5. The Whole Athlete (final course in series)